- Program Committee
- Get Continuing Education Credits
Laboratory Animal Sciences February 05-06, 2014Free, Register Now
Use hashtag #LASBCL for this event on Twitter.
The Veterinary Bioscience Institute and LabRoots, Inc. are pleased to announce the annual, two-day international, virtual Laboratory Animal Science (LAS) BioConference Live that will take place on February 5th and 6th, 2014. This is the premier online-only conference focused on laboratory animal science. The theme of this conference is Laboratory Animal Science in the 21st century; new trends in the profession with the following tracks:
- Emerging species
- Emerging innovative technologies
- Training personnel and competency assessment
- Animal husbandry refinements
- Health monitoring methodologies
Following tracks will be introduced for the first time:
- Laboratory Animal Technician & Technologist Track
- Spanish Track
LAS BioConference Live will bring together scientists, veterinary technicians, veterinarians, technical support staff, IACUC administrators and committee members, as well as training and compliance personnel from around the world to learn about recent advances on the science of animal wellbeing, housing, enrichment and biomethodology. Never before has such a diverse group of experts been able to participate in one, groundbreaking conference, which is absolutely free to all participants. No crowded airports, delayed flights or expensive hotel rooms, but still the look and feel of a first-rate conference with world renowned experts.
Conference participants will be able to
- Search and attend session(s) of their choice
- Have their questions answered in real-time by experts via live video
- Receive Free Continuing Education Credits
- Chat live with peers and speakers
- Browse a virtual exhibit floor for solution providers
The 2013 2nd Laboratory Animal Science BioConference Live included 39 speakers and 52 exhibitors, from x number of countries. Over 12,000 people registered for this event, almost doubling the participation from the inaugural year.
Feedback highlights from the 2013 conference participants included:
- "The lecture topics were highly relevant and the speakers were world-class."
- "This is a great way to connect the global LAS community!"
- "I am new to the lab animal field, having come from 12 years of private practice. I'm studying for my ALAT and soaking up on the job training. This conference was extremely helpful as everything is new, and any information is beneficial. Thank you!"
- "It was a very interesting experience. It is both fun and convenient to be able to attend online and of course it is awesome that the presentations are available afterwards, since not all attendees are in the same time-zone!"
- "I thought this was an exceptional way to obtain CE"
- "I liked it because it was very educative and informative. All the presentations were exciting and interesting. Well done and keep it up."
- "It's flexible education that fits around any schedule."
- "It is a very good experience to learn about various ethical and behavioural aspects in research on animals, especially on primates. It is an excellent opportunity of learning"
The 2014 conference will be submitted for approved by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards for continuing education for veterinarians and veterinary technicians, and will also meet AALAS and CALAS continuing education criteria.